who makes MX-1 lens ?
MX-1 lens looks to be identical to the Olympus XZ-2 Lens.
Is it a rebranded Olympus lens ?
No is answer to both statement and a question.
Both Pentax and Olympus use third party suppliers to furnish their entry level offer.
Third party suppliers provide them with components and solutions which Olympus and Pentax buy, upgrade, tweak, and brand as they please. It is much cheaper like that, and involves less R&D cost. For example, Pentax has opted to change optical formula a little for its first product done like that.
In this particular case of MX-1 and XZ-2, the third party supplier might be Sanyo (but I'm not 100% sure).
“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%