Show Your Snaps...June 24, 2013

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Photos thread
herebefore
herebefore Veteran Member • Posts: 3,296
Re: Wife and her horse

Digirame wrote:

That's interesting. When I first bought my Canon T2i (550D) camera, that was the first time I had purchased a Canon DSLR camera. I haven't had any problems cleaning the sensors because of maybe two reasons. First they have a sensor cleaning system (I don't know if it's as good as the Olympus system) and secondly I don't change lenses on both of my Canon DSLR cameras. I'm glad you like the Canon T1i (500D) camera.

At the time I bought into the Olympus system, it was the only system with self cleaning sensors.

I was shooting with a pair of Canon 10d.. and a 300d as backup.

Equine Event shooting required me to be IN THE RING with the horses and the judge(s) for hours at  a time, with only what I could carry in my hands and in my vest.  If I needed to change lenses, I had to do it in the ring (very dusty environment).

A lens change almost always required a sensor cleaning during a break (perhaps instead of lunch or toilet)..

E1 and E-300 (later 500/510/520/620) made the problem go away for the most part.

I was "hanging on" with hope that Oly would follow-up on the great, but flawed, E-620.  It doesnt seem that its going to happen, and whatever they do come up with is bound to be mirrorless and very "pricey", so I watched and waited, and this T1i came my way at a very low price... and I already had lenses for it.

In the meantime, age caught up with me, and I was forced to retire from the "event shooting" so I didn't need to worry about whether or not the cleaning in the newer Canon cameras was as good as Im used to having. (I dont mind cleaning a camera every month or so, but almost every day that I worked was just too much!).

I still have all my Olympus cameras except the E-500, which I gave to someone in need.  Also have several m43 from Oly and Panasonic. (fun to shoot with, but I still feel the need for an OVF for some of my shooting.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow