Brand New D800E Autofocus Problem...What's Your Opinion?

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Questions thread
OP Algorhythm New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Brand New D800E Autofocus Problem...What's Your Opinion?

CFynn is definitely thinking rationally.

If I can't get an excellent version of the body I'll likely end up keeping one that isn't too far out of calibration and probably rarely notice the AF issue.  I just don't want to hate the camera if I can't get a shot because of a defective sensor.

I have an old D90 that I have been walking around with, but having used the D800E I now want to take it out instead of the D90, and good AF across the frame will obviously benefit non-tripod shooting.  I probably use a tripod 60% of the time, maybe a bit less.  Sometimes I meter with the left point when shooting handheld in vertical orientation, and sometimes I want good focus tracking when shooting my son or other moving subjects.

Of course I will use live view and proper lenses for critical work.  I suppose my concern about this AF issue has to do with handheld shooting.  Some say the D800E is only designed for studio work, but I see myself using it both in the studio and out in the field.  The appeal of having exceptional image quality in a weather sealed, handheld DSLR body out in the field is quite strong, and shooting in uncontrolled environments obviously benefits from a fully functional camera...

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow