Pentax X-5 video zoom help wanted
I also have a X-5 and like it a lot.
You are correct. The zoom lever, while recording video, is digital only and only if "digital zoom" box is checked in the REC MODE menu. Before starting the recording, you can position the optical zoom anywhere from 1.0X to 26X. After starting, you can only zoom in with digital from 1.0X to 7.2X and back out to 1.0x.
Plus, your zoom display will show the total magnification. For example, If you start recording at 2.0X optical, then zoom all the way in, the display will show 14.4X (2.0X times 7.2X = 14.4X).
I hope that helps.
OBTW, I don't know how you would start a shot zoomed in, then pull out. I guess you would have to edit out the first zoom in.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%