POLL: on family holiday : how much time for photography?

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RoelHendrickx
RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 26,089
POLL: on family holiday : how much time for photography?

When you go on a family holiday (this excludes a holiday that you make on your own or with fellow photographers, specifically for the purpose of photography), what is your attitude towards combining photography and family-time and how much time do you spend on photography?

POLL
Hey dude, it's family time! I don't photograph at all! Time spent: none.
6.2% 4  votes
I photograph only what fits in the timeframe of time spent with spouse and kids : basically just family snapshots and some sights, like any tourist. Occasionally we will pause for a few photos. Time spent: 30 minutes to 1 hour every day.
41.5% 27  votes
The best photo hours are early morning and late evening : I go out on my own before breakfast and after dinner and spend the rest of the time with the family, but I have my camera ready most of the time. However I do not delay the family schedule any further. I work quickly. Time spent only on photography: between 1 and 2 hours every day.
35.4% 23  votes
My family knows that to keep me happy, photoggraphy must be a big part of my holiday. They are used to shopping and sightseeing while I am off on my own for photography, or else they just wait for me to finish. Time spent: between 2 and 4 hours every day.
6.2% 4  votes
Who are we fooling here? Vacations are planned specifically for photography, and the family is just along for the trip. Our itinerary is based completely on my photo desires of places to shoot at dawn and dusk. Time spent: between 4 and 8 hours every day.
10.8% 7  votes
  Show results
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow