Solitude !

Started Jun 28, 2013 | Photos thread
leeland48
OP leeland48 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,702
Re: Solitude !

morepix wrote:

Lee,

Peaceful, restful, lonely. What a difference that tiny figure makes. Without it, no photo.

It works as a B/W too (I tried), with drama added by contrast, especially contrast in the sky in the first photo. Entirely different feeling. I thought that that way it might survive even without the figure. But no, I just tried that too, and it doesn't work. But the B/W does. Interesting how one figure says "lonely," the absence of figures doesn't.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to play.

I wish I had a beach like yours to photograph. In fact, I wish I had a lot of the features of your part of this planet to photograph. I look at your photos of your seaside community and Bruno's mountains and old architecture, and when I look around me I don't see anything so nice and photogenic nearby. Attractiveness is not evenly distributed in the world. Or maybe it's just my eye.

Thanks David I would have liked to see what your B&W conversion looked like as I said to Bruno the Gods were with me that morning every thing fell into place and that figure sure made it work. Never been to the states so I looked up your part of the world Puget sound looks very nice plenty of  coast line. But I wouldn't mind some of Bruno's mountains dropped in Cornwall !!!
lee

leeland48's gear list:leeland48's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm X100T Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow