Brand New D800E Autofocus Problem...What's Your Opinion?

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Questions thread
OP Algorhythm New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Brand New D800E Autofocus Problem...What's Your Opinion?

Well I spoke too soon and am not happy as a clam...

I figured that three bodies showing the same left focus problem might indicate that my 14-24 was actually a bad copy and causing the problem. However, I really scrutinized some images from it and I'm sure it's not causing the focus problems. It is definitely softer on the left side, but not enough to result in the focus issues I've been detecting. I AF tuned the lenses and the 14-24 needed no adjustment. The 28-300 needed +5.  So, I shot a couple more flat surfaces just to be sure and it turns out the focus issue is present.

This is really frustrating and I am astounded that 3 out of 3 bodies all have the same problem.  I'm sending the current body back and will keep doing so until I get one that works correctly.  Perhaps it's time for a refund and new merchant, instead of more exchanges and two-week delays.  I've been dealing with B&H but maybe I'll try Amazon.  If I have to exchange yet another body it will probably be quicker.

If anyone's curious, the serial number of this current body is: 30140XX.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow