1st. Time MFT. Oly OMD

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Terry Breedlove
Terry Breedlove Senior Member • Posts: 1,215
1st. Time MFT. Oly OMD

Took a trip to glaziers in Seattle yesterday and bought the silver Olympus OMD with 17 mm F1 .8 and 45 f1.8 And grip. I tried and fell in love with the 75 f1.8 a must buy lens for me in the near future. I also tried the Panasonic 25  f1.4 and loved it as well except for all the clicky sounds it makes.

I am coming from an ancient Nikon D2x so this little Olympus is super light weight and brings me up to date with some of the new technology such as face rec, high iso , live view etc.

I hated the instant review in my finder so I had to turn that off. I also keep the live view off. I like to set my camera up and then shoot without constantly being bothered with the instant review.

Maybe it is because I am used to the Nikon way but the menu system is way overly complex and very frustrating . Hopefully it will not take me to long to get used to it. To be honest when I get my camera set up the way I like it I am hardly ever in the menus anyway.

I love being able to see in real time what my exposure adjustments are doing in the EVF. Love it .

i absolutely love these fast little primes.

Focus is super quick and very accurate.  However in lower light and with a moving target (my granddaughter) this camera just can't keep up. I hope the next OMD fixes this . Until then a few work arounds such as pre focusing and zone focusing will work just fine.

I have a couple test shoots lined up this weekend and I will post a few shots. So far I love this little beauty.  

Terry Breedlove's gear list:Terry Breedlove's gear list
Nikon D2X Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +4 more
Nikon D2X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow