Aperture with PT Lens (or alternative) work flow

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
WoodWorks Senior Member • Posts: 1,415
Re: Aperture with PT Lens (or alternative) work flow

trax87 wrote:

Thanks for the response. After the lens correction is done, would you normally convert the TIFF into a different file format? My question may not make sense, but I guess what I am getting at is that I have seen many posts suggesting that an issue with using Aperture and a plugin for lens correction (as opposed to doing it within Lightroom) is that you then wind up with a large TIFF file and I am trying to figure out how much of a real world issue this would be (for me).

That is correct, your final image will then be a TIFF. You can, of course, then save it as a jpeg or in some other format to reduce the size of the file, but your original raw file won't have the lens correction applied to it. And you'll have to decide how much of a real world issue this is for you. But as a fellow NEX owner, that is the main issue that prevents me from using Aperture. I don't want to end up with a lot of duplicate TIFFs in my library.

David

-- hide signature --

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows
--Epictetus

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow