D7100 best settings?

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
NikonMan09
NikonMan09 Regular Member • Posts: 394
Re: D7100 best settings?

Sergio,

I own a Nikon D90, D7000, and D7100.  For the D7100 I am using the same picture control settings I am used for the D7000.

Standard:  +6 Sharpness, +1 Saturation

Landscape:  +5 Sharpness

These settings were right on for the D7000, and, so far, they seem appropriate for the D7100 as well.

One reason you may not be getting responses to your question is that many feel you should shoot only RAW at default camera settings and fix the image to your liking entirely in PP.  I don't feel that is reasonable advice for most people with limited time.  Furthermore, if you shoot RAW with adjusted picture control settings, you can set them back to default with ViewNX2 and Capture NX2.  But I think it is good to adjust the picture controls over the camera defaults to get sharper JPEGS out of camera.

The article by Ray Soares another poster referred you to is the Bible on optimizing D7000 camera settings.  Ray eventually bought a D4 and we don't hear from him much anymore.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Fred

-- hide signature --

Formerly known as MinoltaMan78. Switched to Nikon in 2009.

NikonMan09's gear list:NikonMan09's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow