What We LIKE About Sigma and Foveon...

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
MOD Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 20,083
Re: What We LIKE About Sigma and Foveon...

I like the level detail at multiple zoom levels.  My favorite kind of image right now is one that is printed large, but has minute details affecting what the image is saying.

I just love when I get an image and zoom all the way in, to discern fine detail that is exactly what I saw and gets across what is there, even when a very tiny portion of the image as a whole.

The sharpness from the previous Foveon cameras was great too and got me close to this, but it wasn't until the Merrill that I fully got the sharpness of details at the size I wanted out of a whole image.

When it comes out right, it really is like you have captured a tiny fragment of reality.  Even though shooting the current cameras is really not like the old 4x5 and medium format cameras of yore, I still feel like the effect I get looking at a really well done image gives me similar feeling to what those shooters must have felt in the past when things went right.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow