Mac Mini VS similarly priced custom build PC

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Questions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,484
Correction...

theswede wrote:

If money is no issue, then logic points to the PC; this is true.

Jesper

Considering all the reasons for not going with a PC, logic dictates that a Mac is the way to go...

If you order a Mini and third-party RAM today you will have a fully-functional and very capable computer on your desk by the end of the week. If you go the PC route it will take considerably longer and cost more as well...

If you read my other posts in this forum you will see that I am not an Apple Fan Boy. If a PC offered me a better computing experience at a comparable cost I would be on it like a dog on a bone. But having worked on both Macs and PCs I have come to the conclusion that it is no contest: Macs are simply the better way to go. If you want to get things done with minimum hassle Macs are superior to Windows computers.

BTW, while I am a long-time Other World Computing customer, I suggest checking out Crucial RAM. The last time I checked 16GB RAM for the Mini was $30-$40 less than at OWC. Crucial has high-quality RAM and a reputation for good customer service that rivals OWC.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow