>>> Street Photography eXchange #48 <<<

Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
geraldPP Senior Member • Posts: 1,760
Re: Japanese Couple

Ishikawa wrote:

xtoph wrote:

A classic shot, but the clear umbrella adds distinction. It might be nice to see a little bit more space around the top of the torii. I might also compare versions with different contrast curve profiles--this one is a bit undecided between silhouette and full tonal range. But it might be the best interpretation--dont know without comparing.

Thanks for your comments.

Actually I think I agree with you. I wasn't entirely 100% happy with the end product. I couldn't quite get the right balance.

The original picture (below) was taken on a very rainy day and very last minute, I literally saw her pointing and took the shot.

Have a play around with the picture! I would love to see what others could do with it...

Hi Ishikawa,

You have a beautiful picture in colour so I wonder why you chose to present in b/w. Of course, it is such a great photo that you could easily have both versions.

When there's always a red in the picture and little other colour that's when you know you have a candidate for a good image IMO.

I just boosted the contrast and I got this which is terrific enough for me. Hope you like it!

-gerald

500px / Gerald Gay / Photos

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow