Organizing your photos - software used, best methods and categories

Started Jun 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 19,272
I don't think PC Users and their experience can be much help. . .

fotoRich wrote:

I like the sound of the AcdSee approach to DAM. But is it any good on a Mac? Lots of reports about it being unstable. Perhaps the latest versions are much better...or is it too soon to say? Anyone with experience? Thanks.

While it shares much with Pro 6 for the PC, it is considered a different product with its own release cycles, a slightly different mix of features, and even a different pricing structure. On the ACDSee sponsored user forums there seems to be a stronger division between those who love it and those who hate it. Not being a Mac person, I could not say why with any credibility. I do believe there is a 30 day free trial available.

Maybe a visit to the ACDSee User Forums is also warranted. The culture on that forum is that nobody holds back when they like or dislike something about the products.  I've never seen any personal attacks or nastiness; it's always polite there, but they DO say what they feel.  It isn't a fanboy site.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow