D4 for Video?

Started Jun 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Szilard
Paul Szilard Contributing Member • Posts: 798
D4 for Video?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it.

Basically, I have a D4 for stills photography and a Sony camcorder for video. I recently bought a Rode mic, which would be ideal for using on the D4 so I started to think about using the D4 in preference to the Sony for recording our church services (approx 1hr).

Could someone help me with some questions?

1) If I was shooting in manual focus and no VR mode on a tripod, what is the ball-park duration of the fully charged battery, when shooting standard HD video?

2) What is the storage required GB/hr for HD video

3) I saw some mention that FX and DX modes are inferior on the D4, compared to the HD crop sensor setting. Is this true?

4) For your average shoot, would there be any noticeable advantage to using the D4 over a good quality Sony camcorder, OTHER than the obvious of DOF due to sensor size and large diameter lenses?

Thanks,

-- hide signature --
 Paul Szilard's gear list:Paul Szilard's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +18 more
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow