X-M1

Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
zapatista Regular Member • Posts: 250
Re: X-M1

Al Valentino wrote:

Not for me. Personally, i think this cheapens the brand a little. I saw fuji as a cousin to Leica interchangeable lens bodies with quality lenses and no consumer gimmicks. Now with a slow lens, which will likely have focus problems, and consumer gimmicks like wifi, tilt screens, and NO Viewfinder, it is a toy camera. Fuji was building a solid reputation as a photographers cameras now it is something you hold away from you to see the glarring LCD as you try to get the slow lens to focus. A viewfinder no only help see without glare issues, it also acts as a point of stabilization against your head letting you take sharp pictures in low shutter speeds. I guess in the end all companies seems to cater to consumers not just serious enthusiasts or pros.

I also think their time would have been better spent getting those remaining lenses out to help sell more cameras, with viewfinders, and build their rep are a great camera with the best lens options.

Leica with no gimmicks?!? How about re-branded Panasonic compacts cameras and lenses. There isn't one brand that doesn't lend it's name for $$.

zapatista's gear list:zapatista's gear list
Sony a6000 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow