X-M1

Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
nixda Veteran Member • Posts: 5,475
Re: Does Size Matter?

Al Valentino wrote:

Does size matter? Especially if you have big hands?

Below are the relative sizes of the bodies. Would have been nice if the same case fit both bodies but you decide for yourself

To me the XE1 was a smaller, less expensive alternative to the XPro1. They took out the Optical viewfinder and made the body smaller. Now they remove the viewfinder altogether. Personally, if I want to take a picture without a viewfinder and hold the camera out, I pull out my iPhone.

I think that's a bit too harsh. There is room for cameras that only have an LCD screen but are otherwise still very capable devices. I am sure Fuji did the market research to drive their decision-making process.

After all, the viewfinder primarily serves for composing a shot, not much more. Many people are happy without a view finder. They still deserve good cameras.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow