X-M1

Started Jun 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Absolutic Veteran Member • Posts: 5,304
Re: X-M1

Al Valentino wrote:

baobob wrote:

I think this is a very good move by Fuji. They are trying to attract amateurs with this new camera system, making it more user friendly while still delivering spectacular image quality.

I agree a very good strategy indeed, same IQ lower price

But, if the slower lens creates focus issues, then that taints the name. At 55mm f/4 the good fuji zoom can have issues. So at 50mm f/5.6 the cheap fuji zoom may not perform better - and the people who handle that low end camera/lens combo will be more consumers that expect 'auto everything', not advanced photographers that learn their gear and master its annoying nuances.

Hope I am wrong and fuji has a new magic sauce in their new firmware. Else, potential focus issues with a low end body might keep people from buying into the brand and moving up to the new lenses that users wanted and got put on the back burner.

I admit that I am probably more upset with the cheap stuff than I should be. But to me, they just diluted the brand. This should have been a 2014 project - after all pro lenses are out and XPro2 with new technology is available.

but they are after profit.   diluting the brand is the last thing on their mind.  What are they Leica? They want to get the piece of the cheap consumer mirrorless market.   There is more sales/profit there than in $1400-$2000 segment.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T20 Canon EOS Rebel T7i Sony a9 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow