Fuji X-E1 vs Canon 6d with 24-105 L

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Austin101 Senior Member • Posts: 1,410
Re: Fuji X-E1 vs Canon 6d with 24-105 L

Clearly you are disappointed with the X-E1, over all I too wasn't when I compared my X-Pro1 and X-E1 photos with those I'd taken with a FF Nikon.

nearly all Fuji X owners will say that the Fuji 35 is sharper than a 50mm on a FF wide open and in most cases that's true if their using cheap Canon or Nikon 50mm lenses and you're only concerned about center sharpness in good light low ISO, over all the the FF camera will deliver better image quality, I found the fuji files to be very flat, you really have to PP those Fuji RAW files to get punchy images.

High ISO is pretty noise free and that's because the files (Jpeg and RAW) have NR added in-camera, this is great if you want noise free images but the downside is that nearly all the detail is lost and you start getting mushy images, anything above ISO 800 and you might as well use your iPhone.

If you're concerned about the size and weight of a FF DSLR why use a Pro lens like the 24-105L when there are several lighter weight options that will out perform the Fuji 18-55.

I read this same thing over and over "my X-Pro1 plus 18 and 35 primes are so much lighter than my old DSLR kit, I'd carry my big heavy Nikon D3x plus 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 f2.8 zooms and my 24mm 1.4, 35mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4 primes and my 105VR macro lens"

My light weight kit since selling the Fuji X kit is a D600 + 24-85VR, image quality from this kit is much better than what I was getting from the Fuji + 18-55, while the FF Nikon is heavier is it's that heavy and over all size wise it isn't really that much larger either and neither will fit in your pocket.

The FF DSLR is faster not only to focus but also in use, better handling, changing focus points, changing EV, changing shooting modes, changing shutter speeds, changing aperture and changing ISO.

Build quality on the DSLR is also far better and I would hazard a guess that a FF DSLR will last a lot longer than either of the Fuji X cameras, the X-E1 felt like a toy compared to my D600.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow