Brand New D800E Autofocus Problem...What's Your Opinion?

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Questions thread
OP Algorhythm New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Brand New D800E Autofocus Problem...What's Your Opinion?

Well I just dropped it off to ups this morning. Fingers crossed that the next one will be better...

The B&H policy is silly. 200 shutter actuations or less if you want to return a camera? I didn't realize that live view actuates the shutter twice and ended up with 205 after using live view to make some of the 120 exposures during initial shooting and testing. The customer service guy said it would still be ok to exchange since they consider the camera to be defective and not a normal return.

It will be primarily used as a landscape camera, but I also have a few hundred pieces of artwork to copy for a project. I will probably also walk around with it, etc, but when thinking about the intended use of this camera, the center point af, or live view, will probably be just fine 90% of the time. There are instances when I turn the body sideways and use that left point for focus though and it is irritating to have my options limited when I'm out shooting.  AF is such a fundamental part of modern cameras and should just work in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't know how many people have had their cameras serviced, but from what I've read on most sites, nearly everyone who writes about it indicates that they come back with the problem solved. So, maybe if I can't get a well calibrated body, I'll just settle for one that's decent and take it in to Nikon for re-calibration.

Cheers, and thanks for all of your replies.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow