Old lens found new life with the affordable full frame DSLR

Started Jun 19, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jlchen New Member • Posts: 13
Old lens found new life with the affordable full frame DSLR

This is the lens I bought with my EOS3 in the late 90's, yes, during the film age. In 2006 I bought my first DSLR, 30D, and this lens was pretty much packed away in one of my gear bags as it is not quite suitable with a half frame body. My lens inventory is built by both EF lens from the good old days and a couple EF-S lens for the APS-C frame 30D. Recently I could not resist the temptation to acquire a full frame DSLR at an affordable price and bought the 6D. With the full frame body, the 28-135 becomes usable again. Although its IS mechanism is first generation, with the super high ISO performance of 6D, it is not too much a problem. I am very satisfied with the 28-135 with 6D, and I don’t think I need to upgrade it with a 24-105 or 24-70 anytime soon.

No one will recommend to buy a new 28-135 as it is an aging designed lens. However, if you happen to have it in your lens bags I believe it still a decent standard zoom lens with the full frame DSLR.

jlchen's gear list:jlchen's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon PowerShot G12 +15 more
Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
Zoom lens • Canon EF • 2562A002
jlchen's score
Average community score
Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow