Fuji X-E1 vs Canon 6d with 24-105 L

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Travelshooter Senior Member • Posts: 2,568
Re: Fuji X-E1 vs Canon 6d with 24-105 L

I'm sure the Canon 6D is a good camera, I had the 5D Mk II. I may be going against the mainstream opinion, but I thought the 24-105 L was more than a little disappointing. Good range, many wedding pros use it, but nothing exciting about it and overall it's very bland.

Totally agreed...  a very not so special lens that really does not deserve an L designation on performance.  Heavy like a rock too.

I found my old Canon 15-85 on an APS-C like the T2i a much better alternative.

I wish Fuji's 18-55 went a bit wider and longer but it has quite satisfactory sharpness for the cost. For me the decision to abandon FF and then DSLR's was simple.....   ten pounds of backpack from Hermit's rest to El Tovar at the Grand Canyon killed any serious ideas of staying with FF and a backpack of glass.  I was glad I took a DSLR and a 70-300 L IS (Canon) on safari but I'm done with Safari's now and don't need to haul that somewhat lighter but still DSLR weight package around.

I'll keep my X-Pro 1 with the 18-55 ..  and the 55-200 on the way.  Perhaps the 10-24 when it comes out or the 14mm if the wide zoom reviews poorly.  It's all fun, but I get 5DMKII IQ from 1/2 the size and 1/3 the weight.

Travelshooter's gear list:Travelshooter's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-T20 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow