D800 Still Delivers! Dynamic range and amazing sharpness.

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Photos thread
MTWewerka
MTWewerka Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: I agree with Minrov

SubPrime wrote:

MTWewerka wrote:

I agree more with FTH than Mironv, I think it's okay to have a few heavily processed images as part of a collection of photos, but if that were my wedding and every picture in my collection looked as if there were shot with an iPhone and Instagram, I'd be very upset. Some of those photos are very beautiful and the effect can be nice, but not on every single shot. The first collection were all so dark it become depressing and moody.

Depressing or aritistic. Obviously he gets a lot of work based on that look. Ryan Shembri also gets a lot fo work for delivering a loot that he describes artistic - at least 50 weddings a year. He was voted best wedding photographer of the year in Australia.

http://ryanschembri.com/

What matters is what his clients think.

I'm not sure what your intent was, but Ryan's website supports my entire post. While his photos are very artistic, they aren't over processed. They are classic, just in black and white. Go to his site, click wedding album, and view them all. None of them are oddly colored or too over processed. They are crisp, clean and beautifully classic.

My issue was with images that look like they were shot with an iPhone and Instagram, Ryan's do not.

MTWewerka's gear list:MTWewerka's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
glo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow