EF500mmf5.6LIS

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
mattr Veteran Member • Posts: 3,530
Re: EF500mmf5.6LIS

Steve Balcombe wrote:

The question which would be in Canon's mind of course is how many sales would it take from the more expensive options? Not many I suspect - most of those who can afford/justify the 500/4 will still want it, and those who prefer the flexibility and small size of the 300/2.8 plus extenders will still want that. And for every one it does take from 'above', it could also tempt a 100-400L owner who can't justify the huge leap to the 300/2.8 or 500/4.

Photographers who want state of the art stabilization or more reach than the (old) 400/5.6 or 100-400 provide and who don't want to deal with TCs are currently forced to consider the huge and heavy 500/4. I suspect many would be more happy with a 500/5.6, even when the price does not factor in. Thus, such a lens could well take some sales from the bigger supertele lenses.

If Canon does make a 500/5.6L, please let it have the same built-in hood as the 300/4 and 400/5.6...

+1

... just try to make the hood as light as possible. I always suspected that the hood in my 400/5.6 added quite a bit to the weight.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow