Are we all clients of Sony ?

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dheorl Veteran Member • Posts: 3,467
Re: Just for the record

Bobn2 wrote:

Dheorl wrote:

Bobn2 wrote:

Nikon - Well, they're 16MP APS-C cameras and the D600 do. Do any others? I thought the new 24MP cameras used a toshiba sensor. No idea who makes the D4 or D800 sensor.

Nikon 1 - Aptina sensor

D3200 - Nikon sensor

D5200 - Toshiba sensor

D7100 - Toshiba sensor

D600 - Sony sensor

D800 - Sony sensor

D4 - Nikon sensor

Nikon sensors are truly Nikon sensors, fabrication of the wafers is outsourced to foundries, but that is also true of some of Sony's production, part of Canon's process and all of Foveon, Aptina's and Omnivision's production.

Thanks, didn't realise the D800 was a sony sensor. I wonder if they'll be putting that in their next FF camera.

I don't think we'll see a substantially new FF camera from Nikon for a while. What I'd think is more likely is a D800H, with one of the existing sensors (either the Nikon D4 or Sony D600 sensor) and a higher frame rate as a more direct competitor to the 5D Mk III.

Sorry, I was meaning I wonder if sony will use it in their next FF camera, considering the current a99 has the 24Mp sensor (which I assume it shares with the D600).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow