D800 Still Delivers! Dynamic range and amazing sharpness.

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Photos thread
Deleted-pending Senior Member • Posts: 2,665
Re: Good luck doing that with a cell phone ... ;)

Grevture wrote:

mironv wrote:

Why people pay for wedding photographers to use latest and gratest DSLRs to recive pictures that look like been done with 50' film and Holga lens. This shots are so post procesesd that there is no way of knowing and noticing any of DR you are taking about.

I guess people pay to get same looking [pix they get from thiers Cell phones since this is what they consider a norm this days or something.

Seriously, Mironv, if you cannot see the difference between what bmcdad does with the images and a cell phone look ... You probably should stick with using cell phones yourself

Your comments are rude (as usual) and show surprising lack of tolerance (as usual) to how other choose to see images. You really seem to have a lot of contempt for anyone shooting differently then you would yourself.

Not that I seriously expect you will understand it, but it takes a lot of talent, hard work and really good gear to accomplish images like the ones bmcdad linked to.

No, Mironv is actually right and his lack of tolerance is propbably balancing the lack of artistic knowledge that members of this forum are showing. Try real professional forums and you'll see some real criticism. Being more critical helps (sometimes) to overcome mediocrity. I'd rather have some people telling the truth than overly positive candid members supporting themselves mutually for the sake of their community welfare.

ps :You can actually exactly reproduce the same filters with an Iphone, and even if the D800 offers control over DOF and focals, this doesn't make the author a skilled photographer than any hipstamatic snapper.

Besides, killing skin detail to produce clay-motion look-alike characters is everything but technical

http://billmcdad.com/abejasmine-1st-photo-session/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
glo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow