Help Needed. How to install Adobe CS2 after activation problem

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Questions thread
OP Brandon birder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,106
Re: Help Needed. How to install Adobe CS2 after activation problem

Antioch, thanks for replying. I have the original creative suite. There is no telephone activation support in the UK just message to go to an adobe web page where you can have a web chat. I did that and learned that as I have a legitimate cs licence and there is no cs1activation server I should use the Cs2 solution and gave me the web link to this. I entered this page, was asked for my adobe ID and serial number and was allowed to continue to the download section where I downloaded four exe files effectively cd1 cd2 cd3 and cd extra. I also downloaded the installation PDF. Ifollowed the PDF instructions exactly to run the cd2 cd3 and extras file first. These extracted to default folders on the C drive. I then ran the CD1 file as instructed and this also extracted onto the defaultfolder and then started the install process. It asked me for my serial number accepted this and started the install. This showed a progress pane showing cd1 cd2 cd3 in a progress line. The install proceeded as far as the end of Cd1 and then  put up a dialogue to insert CD2. Clicking ok just brought up the same dialogue. It should have found the cd2 extract but didn't.  I tried extracting the cd2 file  to an actual CD by burning the extract but thatdidn't work either.

Someone on this forum must have been through the same process. I would like to hear how they got on. There is no evidence either from adobe or  in the install process that I am not allowed to legitimately use this reactivation process. The problem is the insert cd2 dialogue. The install PDF file attempts to address what to do if this dialogue comes up but that doesn't work. The dialogue keeps coming up stalling the install.

Has anyonedone this successfully. Please. Could do with the help.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow