Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 35,335
Re: mmm

josbiker wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

josbiker wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

josbiker wrote:

Learn how too interpretative the "things" you see in the E.V.F. use e.g the spot meting and see what is going one with the expose fluctuations etc.etc.VERY, VERY important!

The problem here is that optimizing exposure for jpeg output is fundamentally different from optimizing exposure for RAW output. More specifically how one sets up camera defaults and how one utilizes the EVF and histogram/blinkies display needs to be different for jpeg shooting and RAW shooting. One set of recommendations doesn't work for both modes of shooting if one is hoping to get the very best possible image quality. An image that is hopelessly overexposed in jpeg may, in fact, be perfectly exposed in RAW. It is important to bear this in mind when doing a jpeg vs. RAW comparison. If you're starting with the same JPEG+RAW capture, you're in all likelihood starting with one or the other files being relatively handicapped.

That is NOT my point!

Do NOT shoot hopelessly overexposed! Look in your E.V.F. and you see what is going on.Do NOT shoot blind!

If the E.V.F. picture is to your satisfaction take the shot.

Your above statement simply reveals that you don't understand RAW and how to expose for RAW processing. The scope of your experience and understanding is clearly limited to JPEG shooting only.

Which is not a sin, no foul, perfectly fine if that's what one finds satisfaction with.

Lecturing others on the subject would be another matter.

I give you only free advice! When is it good it is good, you do not have to pay.

[chuckle]   So if it's bad I have to pay?    I don't know if I have enough in savings to cover THAT nut .   Will you take an I.O.U?

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow