The "old" K5 vs the "new" K5II/s (lens and back focus)

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Iso1975 Regular Member • Posts: 369
The "old" K5 vs the "new" K5II/s (lens and back focus)

Hi,

I feel that now is the time to upgrade from my K10D. I've been following the Pentax lineup developing and was very excited with the K5IIs, but... since we are going through an epic economy crisis, I have to think twice before embarking in major expenses. At the moment the K5 costs almost half the price of the K5IIs...

As far as I read, the advantages of the K5IIs are a slightly better AF in low light, sharper images due to the absense of the low pass filter and better rear screen display.

Although I like to shoot concerts, I don't think that the improved AF is that better that is worth the extra cost.

On the other hand (and this is my big doubt) I remember reading somewhere that the K5II/s had fixed some problem that the K5 had with some lenses (back focus related I think). Does anyone have any idea on this last point...?

Thanks a lot

Iso1975's gear list:Iso1975's gear list
Canon SX220 HS Pentax K10D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Nikon 1 J2 Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +9 more
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow