Very disappointed in Leica service

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vidio11 Junior Member • Posts: 48
Very disappointed in Leica service

After waiting 7 months for the M 240 I finally got it and intended to use the camera professionally. However I was told, as so many others were, that due to bad manufacturing the strap lugs were defective and the unit would have to be repaired. But the good news was Leica was committed to doing this operation in 48 hours! Sounded good in principal but sadly the reality is that Leica has not remotely delivered on their promise. It has been almost a month since I sent the camera in and there is still no definitive delivery date. After weeks of unknown delays the latest is that Leica Germany apparently doesn't know how to fill out customs papers and the repaired camera has been sitting in US customs since last week. And as of today they still can't say when things will be straightened out. I know I sound bitter but this has been a wakeup call for me. I am sad that I cannot depend on this company to deliver. I cannot buy a second camera because they cannot deliver any new ones and I cannot depend on their service promises.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow