A prediction of the D400.

Started May 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,330
Re: A prediction of the D400.

HSway wrote:

The d400 doesn’t seem a good business today. Pixel densities are higher on fx cameras and d400’s services seem likely to be offered by more or less differently optimized camera packages/systems like through d7100 and fx cameras lines. I don’t think 7d ll is coming either and if it does I am still unsure in what shape exactly the answer from Nikon would be. Although the theoretical 7d ll appearance would stir the water quite a bit.

Are you saying that a semi-affordable camera optimized for shooting action (8fps, large buffer, great AF) is not a good business opportunity?  The way I look at it, action photography is one of the few things that dSLRs are still light years ahead of mirrorless so it seems like it would be silly for Nikon and Canon to ignore that segment of the market.  Yes, they have the D4, but most of us aren't going to plunk down $6k for a D4 and there's not even a D700 upgrade either.  So, Nikon currently has no semi-affordable camera optimized for action photography.

If I were trying to fend off mirrorless and keep dSLR sales going, I wouldn't ignore this area where the dSLR AF has such a huge advantage in tracking while shooting at max fps.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow