Alternatives to Acrobat on the Mac?

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
talmy
talmy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,320
Re: Alternatives to Acrobat on the Mac?

tdhg566 wrote:

Thank you. I basically need the ability to slice and dice pages from/into PDF files. Sounds like PDFPen is the preferred product. I will look into it.

I'd suggest you just try using Finder first. It will slice and dice pages and also allows annotation. If you need more, they get PDFPen.

I too use a ScanSnap scanner. Isn't it a great device? Evernote does my back end OCR and filing needs. Just need to solve the slice and dice problem

I don't use Evernote but maintain all the documents on a server computer. I also use Dropbox- any document placed a a particular Dropbox folder gets automatically refiled on the server by Hazel.

I was inspired by the ebook "Paperless" by David Sparks which covers many alternative approaches to a paperless life on a Mac. Recommended, but other than not having a Mac yet you are probably beyond most of the material in this book.

-- hide signature --

Equipment in my User Profile.

talmy's gear list:talmy's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D200 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow