Dual Boot Win7-XP a update

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PaulM2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,729
Dual Boot Win7-XP a update

I originally wanted to use a dual boot as I have a very old CAD program that back in 2010 would not run in WIN7.

Now that I have the dual boot running OK and I have most everything that I use on a regular basis up and running on WIN7, I was surprised that when I installed the old CAD program on WIN7, it ran very well. I can not find a fault in it. This old program is one from my working days and since I retired, I use it for my personal use, just not very often, but nice to have.

Had a number of problems getting every thing installed and working, the biggest problem being License numbers. Still finding things that need added tweaks, I have copies of the old C: drive off on another hard drive installed in this machine, so I can find things yet.

My future plan after I feel secure with WIN7 is to get rid of XP. My question is how do I go about this so that I have just a single boot?

My second question is what are you people using for making the WIN7 look a lot more like XP as far as control panel etc. I had a heck of a time finding my way around.

I appreciate all the previous help I have received. This removal of XP will not happen soon, so any help or suggestions for getting rid of XP is not on the front burner.

PaulM2's gear list:PaulM2's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow