Which Lens to buy/recommend? (Canon 650D)
Hi, I'm a relatively new hobbyist with photography. I currently have the Canon 650D w/ the included 18-55mm IS II Kit Lens. I am fairly happy with the quality from it when taking family portraits and foodtography, etc.
I'm now deciding on which lens to purchase for my upcoming trip to Hong Kong. While my 18-55mm does the job. I thinking of going for a wider lens. Though I'm not too sure which one to go for.
The purpose of this purchase may seem a little odd or stupid but I want to be able to:
- Take self-portraits with my mother and myself (hand held - i.e. arms stretched out without using a tripod); while maybe maximising the background/environment (The Symphony of Lights)?
- Take a few landscape / architectural shots of Hong Kong and the crowded streets , markets, etc.
I've been looking at the Canon 10-22mm USM, the Sigma 10-20mm and the Canon 15-85mm (though I'm not too sure if the 15mm will be wide enough, seeing that the 18mm was already a bit difficult task and I'm quite happy with my kit lens at the moment). Which lens would be the most fitting for the time being?
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jun 10, 2013|
|Jun 11, 2013|
|Jun 12, 2013|
|Jun 12, 2013||1|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|INFERNO by Milmor Fotografias|
from Get to Work (Power Tools)
|Love my present! by eyahaled|
from Holiday reactions