A digital camera with a certain "film feature"

Started Jun 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
John1940
John1940 Senior Member • Posts: 2,752
Re: A digital camera with a certain "film feature"

Anepo wrote:

zodiacfml wrote:

I thought about that before but with the use of an EVF so we could still review images, yet, the advantages of removing the LCD screen at the back is very minimal in terms of cost, weight, and size.  I'd still use the LCD screen to review images when I'm not shooting.

Anepo wrote:

Here is what I am wondering: Am i crazy to long for a digital compact camera that has got an optical viewfinder with settings unfo in it but does NOT have an lcd on the back?

A kind of a digital "film camera"? Where you wont know what you got until you put the sd card in your computer at home?

Is it just me that longs for something like that? Or does anyone else find that an appealing idea?

Well it would have an optical viewfinder like a rangefinder and not a tiny "good luck seeing through it" optical viewfinder of the powershot g15.

Also the viewfinder would display shutter speed aperture iso & white balance and only shoot raw.

The camera I use most is a Canon 600D. Sometimes, but rarely, I leave the LCD closed. I use the G15 second most. You are right about its optical viewfinder. If size is not an issue, I reach for the 600D. I'm an old film user and still have four 35 mm film bodies or cameras.

I just don't see any market for what you are proposing. Why not buy a film camera also? They are fun to use and with 35 mm provide nice 20 MP pictures using a film scanner. Film is not expensive because you don't take a lot of shots.

John1940

John1940's gear list:John1940's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow