Re: Jpeg or RAW ( & Why) June 2013

benarden wrote:

- So , what do you shoot?
JPEG or RAW;
How do you process these,
And what is the result ?

Curious / Thanks

JPEG only with the very occasional RAW which I have yet to ever really use

main reason for shooting JPEG is that I'm a lazy amateur photographer and I specifically chose Olympus for their excellent JPEG engine so I don't have to process RAW

so far my experience with RAW is pure frustration. Spending a lot of time processing an image (which I hate doing) and the end result is for me worse than the JPEG.

I even tried one of these preset works for all RAW settings on these threads. While it did result in better sharpness and detail, the colors I did not like.

Even when I look at the RAW processed images in the Dpreview comparison tool, I prefer the JPEG of Olympus. At least I know for sure Dpreviw staff know how to process RAW unlike me.

So in the end, Thank you so much dear Olympus for making the lazy people like me depend solely on you excellent JPEGs

highwave's gear list:highwave's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow