A digital camera with a certain "film feature"

Started Jun 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Anepo Regular Member • Posts: 154
Re: viewfinder with iso, shutter speed and and and

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

Anepo wrote:

Mike_PEAT wrote:

It's not just showing the image, but also setting the functions of the camera where the monitor on the camera comes in handy...having stared doing digital photography back in the 90's where you could only change te jpeg resolution, and whether the flash would fire or not, I would not want to go back to a monitor-less time!

But YOU have several options for not instant viewing your last shot...turn off your camera's view last shot feature for one thing.

After that, have the strength not to hit the play button!

Or buy a camera with a swivel screen that can be turned around so you can't see the display...my Olympus E-3 was like that, but it was more for protecting the display!

Personally though, I would never give this up!  My Olympus E-M5 even has a feature called Live Bulb mode where I can see the picture being created as the sensor is being exposed, so you know when to close the shutter!

Well as i said above it would be a full sized rangefinder viewfinder with iso, shutter speed and aperture

And white balance, and exposure compensation, and drive mode, and AF mode, and memory remaining, and flash modes, and and and...

Have a look at the multiple LCDs surrounding the viewfinder in a high end DSLR, to get an idea of what it takes to display what you need.

info in the viewfinder and would only shoot raw for example.

I own an e-m5 as well but i find that techmology is making us think less as you proved with your comment on the live bulb mode,

I think his example proves just the opposite. You have to pay more attention, check the camera more often, judge the current exposure when using the live bulb mode. It's a conventional bulb mode that's "think less", just set a cookbook time value and go take a nap or have a snack.

all skills will become irrelevent. what if everyone were given robot feet to play soccer? Would be just like everyone else because the machine does the thinking for you.

OK, since we just proved that your example is quite incorrect, do you seriously think that displaying less stuff is going to keep a machine from "thinking for you"? Logically, if a camera maker took away the primary tool for a rich array of settings and readings, the rear LCD, they would make the camera do more thinking for you, give it more sophisticated auto-everything algorithms to compensate for the huge loss of ability to manually set things.

Basically, you've fixated on this one idea, of the displayless camera, and are now stretching every farther in attempts to justify it.

If you actually spend some time to READY what I say, then you would notice that it would take in raw and you COULD change all settings manually or use A or S mode. but all the information would be displayed in a rangefinder styled viewfinder.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow