Nikon Service Still Playing Impact Damage Game

Started Jun 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
dwa1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,729
imho... It's Nikon Corp setting the policies - not Nikon Service.

imho... Although it's still not right and it's definitely not good customer service, it's not the service facilities that are setting these policies - they are just "following orders" which have been handed down to them from corporate exec decision makers.

Although I don't care much for the lack of direct communication with Melville, NY, that service facility has always done an excellent job on the lenses that I have sent in. With that said though, I always send my gear to APS in Chicago for non-warranty items and when a lens is in the 1st year of the 5-year warranty period.

This 24-70 lens has a history of the false "impact damage" claims - so why would anyone even think of buying this lens knowing the history and then turn around and complain about the problem when it occurs?

If someone buys it without knowing this "impact damage" ordeal, then that's another story.

Regardless... BAD Nikon! - for this issue. But GOOD Nikon for so many other items.

Wayne

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow