switch from Canon FF to Sony a99 for weddings Stills?

Started Jun 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dodgebaena Regular Member • Posts: 342
switch from Canon FF to Sony a99 for weddings Stills?

Im interested to know in other wedding photographers' experiece with their use of Sony full frame for shooting weddings. Almost years ago, I switched from Using Canon (5d2, 60d) to Sony SLTs  for its video implementation. Stills is my bread and butter but since my clients were happy with my 60d work, i thought i'd switch to the a65 for Stills and the added bonus of its video features.

Well, many painful months later, my personal conclusion is that it's nowhere near as good as the Canon for flash use, clean WB, and noise even at ISO800. Now my plan is to go back to FF and the logical step is to get the a99 so I will retain use of my Minolta and Sony lenses and accessories. My dilemna is this: will I be getting a FF  version of the a65 in terms of IQ? If I am, I'll bite the bullet and invest in either the Canon 6D or the Nikon D600. I shot a wedding last night with my studio's (I am a sub-contractor) 5d2 and it was a joy to be shooting Canon again.

Any similar experiences would be appreciated as the financial implications for me are substanatial.

Dodge

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600 Sony Alpha a99 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow