Polarizing filter for which lens?

Started Jun 1, 2013 | Questions thread
Paul De Bra
Paul De Bra Forum Pro • Posts: 12,493
Easy: whichever lens you use the most.

A polariser can be used on every type of lens, but it is often not recommended for ultra wide lenses because the polarisation effect becomes too different between the left and right part of the frame (when you use it in sunny outdoor conditions).

A polariser is not only used to make the sky a more distinct blue but also to eliminate reflections on metal, windows and water surfaces. It can be used at any focal length. If you are buying just one you should get one for the lens you use the most. Alternatively you can buy one that fits the largest lens and use step up rings to mount the polariser on other lenses.

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

 Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow