Three Graces (beautiful girls) D3, night shot in LA

Started May 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ARB1
ARB1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,402
Re: Miron, do you know what the "three graces" are?

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

mironv wrote:

If you see any garce in any of this posing girls than you must smoke some strong stuff.

He didn't say "grace", he said the "three graces." That's an element of Roman and Greek mythology that has more to do with three aspects of women, or three stages in their growth. The traditional depiction of the three graces, say Raphael or Rubens, is one of them connecting with the observer (like the girl on the left in the OP's picture), one indifferent (the girl on the right), and one aware but turning away or shielding their face (the girl in the center).

I think he nailed the concept.

What is a world comming too.

I don't know. You made quite a rude response to something that you didn't understand. You have done this many times. You really need to stop. If you see something you don't understand, don't attack. Instead, ask politely for more information, like "OK, I'm not getting it. How is this 'the three graces'?"

Grace on 3 girls seating on a biks waiting for something.

Yeah, and Raphael had his three graces holding apples. Go argue the merits of "holding something" and tell us how you outgun Raphael artistically. Ovenden had one of his three pulling another one's hair, three stages of maturity, much the same as Carnach did four centuries earlier.

You like to post some pictures don't put tilte on.

The title works for that image. I'm sorry you don't understand why it does, but for God's sake, don't be such a jerk about it.

Thanks for the education on Raphael's work as it relates to this photo, I didn't catch that and now I can appreciate the photo even more.

To OP, I'd like to see it in B&W if that's something you're considering.

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
fad
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow