Question About OM-D for the OM-D Users

Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
al_in_philly Regular Member • Posts: 478
Some low light examples with the OM-D

- Low light photography. Does anyone have some photos they can upload or any links which show sample photos of night sceneries, or city skylines, or basically any low light photography in particular with long exposures? This is a big thing for me, and I would like to see how the OM-D holds up.

Glad you asked, as the vast majority of my shooting is in low light situations, such as city streets at night and inside of very dimly lit dive bars.  You won't find many harder to shoot scenes than this.  Here are some examples of what the OM-D can do with minimal light (shot with the P/L 25mm f/1.4 and Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8).

Sorry about the B&W, but that's the phase I've been in for a while now, but you can see the tonal range in some very dark settings w/o flash.

al_in_philly's gear list:al_in_philly's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow