Google+ Auto Enhance, how to replicate in Lightroom?
After much frustration when picasa silenetly auto enhanced my album, I have noticed the following. All of this can be done manually in Lightroom.
- Corrects exposure, brings out shadows. It does not know that the photo was intended to be underexposed, eg, silouette.
- Enhances skin tones by brightening them and adding saturation. It seems to do this regardless of how bright it was before the enhancement which leads to overexposed photos.
- If google detects lines and patterns in the photo, it will increase contrast and clarity... by a lot.
- If google detects faces in the photo, it will apply circular gradient around the face for a vignetting effect. Too much for my taste. We will get this tool in LR5.
- Colours selectively get extra saturation. Eg, flowers, blue sky, grass, red dress
Overall, I think google did a good job. If it can work with RAW files, it will be an amazing tool. Lightroom on the other hand is way behind... it does not even have face recognition!
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|May 27, 2013|
|May 30, 2013|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4