DP3M vs NEX 7

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
nick_webster
OP nick_webster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,623
Thanks for your honesty

I'm not a fan of spending time doing PP, so these are pretty much "as shot" and whatever defaults SPP or Aperture applied to the respective RAWs. The only big change I made was to alter the colour setting in SPP to vivid from neutral - as shot the DP was flat and dull which was a bit odd and something I'll look into. I don't think it affects this test though, which was about detail differences between the 2 cameras.

Good to see that I'm not the only one seeing little difference. With some more skilled PP I think both would look better though whether those differences would make the Sigma much better than the NEX is moot. I'll get out and do some more tests over the coming weeks when I get more free tiime. I might even post more comparisons, though I'm not sure I'll convert anybody from either camp

As I mentioned in another post in this thread, with more foliage the Sigma may pull ahead further, but it was very gusty and windy yesterday so my attempts to get an even playing field for both cameras was foiled.

Nick

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow