DP3M vs NEX 7

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
dmaclau Senior Member • Posts: 2,841
I certainly agree.

As I've aged I find that more often I "guesstimate" rather than get down on the ground. I would use any help available, and with much appreciation. An articulating LCD would be wonderful.  I do like that the buffer is larger on the DP3 and as long as there's room I can keep shooting.  That was one thing which really bothered me about the DP1...and I told Sigma my feelings...more than once.

On the interchangeable lens thing though...I respectfully disagree.  I like a single purpose tool.  I spent 30+ years with my Nikon F and a 50mm.  When I broke down and bought a D2 and a zoom lens I would challenge myself to shoot the zoom at only one focal length. That technique produced my on;y keepers. I always thought I used just one lens for financial reasons.  When I could finally afford new equipment I found that I rather like forcing myself to "see" within the abilities of my camera.  Too old now to change spots.  rather have 2 small cameras than one camera with 2 lenses...but that's me I guess.  I do take your point though.

dmaclau's gear list:dmaclau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow