DP3M vs NEX 7

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
nick_webster
OP nick_webster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,623
SD1 - will it go in my pocket ?

There is no reason that I can see that Sigma couldn't have made a DP body and then sold the 3 DP lenses as interchangeable lenses to fit. Might have been slightly bigger to account for the mount but still considerably smaller than an SD1. It would also mean that if they develop a new sensor you don't have a body and lens to upgrade, just the body.

No the obvious answer to me is the DP ILC concept. It would actually be more pocketable as you could split the body from the lens and put the items in separate pockets as I can if I want to carry my NEX.

If I wanted something the size of the SD1 I'd more likely go the way of the Nikon D800 - 36MP would beat the SD1 on detail and give me the option of all of Sigmas lenses plus those of NIkon and Tamron. In addition it's a better all round SLR then the SD1 by some margin.

I found it quite shocking when I saw what Sony managed to fit into nearly the same size body - you wouldn't believe how handy an articulating LCD can be for tripod and other work - why contort your body when you can just move the LCD

If Sigma can't package a camera better I wish they'd license the sensor out to others who can,

Nick

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow