Satisfying

Started May 27, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Barker Senior Member • Posts: 1,966
Satisfying

"Curious" on Flickr (link)

The NX200 has a flaky mode dial and a flaky aperture ring on the back, and my experiences with Samsung service have been not exemplary but rather barely sufficient to keep me using their products.  That said, on to the good stuff:

I haggled for a good deal on Kijiji Toronto for the 60mm NX macro, and put a couple of other lenses up for sale to get it.  I am pretty sure I agree with reviews I've seen that say that the plane of focus isn't perfectly flat, the OIS is very good but doesn't necessarily save you at macro distance, it has lovely bokeh for portrait and macro, nice portrait rendering, and beautiful colours.  The sharpness is very high and gives you a chance to use all of your 20 megapixels either for scenes bustling with detail or for generous cropping.

So now I shoot with the 30mm and the 60mm on the NX200, and I would highly recommend this kit, but for one caveat, which is the mediocre service/reliability that goes along with the affordable prices.

Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA
Telephoto macro prime lens • Samsung NX • EX-M60SB/US
Announced: Feb 21, 2011
Michael Barker's score
Average community score
Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA Samsung NX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow