Can HP G6-2235 handle Photoshop CS or Photoshop Elements 7?
I am thinking about buying this laptop but I'm not sure if it can handle either of the Photoshop programs that I have, CS and Elements 7. Here are the specs for the laptop
- Next Gen AMD A6-4400M 2.7GHz up to 3.2GHz 1MB L2 Accelerated Cache Processor
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM) Installed Memory
- 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- 15.6" diagonal HD (3) BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)
- Windows 8
Thanks for the help!
CS 2? CS4? 5? 32 bit or 64 bit ? The older versions are unlikely to run on Win 8, I'm pretty sure CS2 will not. That makes a difference. Elements 7 might run, though I'm not sure about the Win 8 compatibility, it was designed to run on equipment with less ram but I don't think you will be happy with the performance for photos larger than, say 12-16 mpx. So if you have a camera with > 16 mega pixels it's going to be marginal.
Loading them onto this machine won't hurt anything, I don't think, so you have nothing to lose by trying, in my judgement. I would try them out.
However perfectly good photo editors designed for Win 8 can be bought for less than $50 USD, (excellent ones for less than $100) and Gimp and others can be had legally for free (and they are pretty good editors in spite of their price! Many swear by Gimp). Just do an internet search for "free photo editors for Windows 8"
But for the larger photos, you are likely to need more RAM.
I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|May 25, 2013|
|May 26, 2013|
|May 26, 2013|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4