Why are DSLRs left home 90.2% of the time

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 11,951
Re: Why are DSLRs left home 90.2% of the time

ljfinger wrote:

ed2002 wrote:

But that comment makes me comment on your panorama, and I'm sorry, but I thought it wasn't very good.  I know you were probably trying to demonstrate what you could do with your fancy rig, but these things are about comosition

It's much better at a large size, and for its intended purpose of reminding me how it looked when I was there.

For those with open minds look at some iphone and galaxy panoramas.  Here's one.  click and explore

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adam-metcalf/8470991811/lightbox/

The first one is horrible because of that awful fake gold burned out area.

The second is just a flat bad picture because it was taken from too close, and has distractingly bad bokeh.

The third is bad because the sharpest thing in the image, and thus the location to which the eye is drawn, is the Harmons sign at the top of the image.

The fourth is pretty good, though the fact that the foreground is cutoff at the bottom is a problem.

The fifth is just a bad shot of a black bird against a gray sky.  Ugly.

The sixth is an image of a brick wall, literally.

Here's a panorama I took that I like (make sure you look at the original sizes of these):

Here's a shot I took of a black bird against the sky that I like:

And here's a 180° diagonal fisheye shot taken of moving subjects in low light that I like:

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

How did you not pick that only the first pano was an iPhone? The rest were all a 5d3.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow