I choose X100s over GR & Nikon A.....

Started May 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Spade357 Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
I choose X100s over GR & Nikon A.....

Here's why:

Size: Since all 3 cameras mentioned has no "IS" built in, the Fuji will be easier to keep it steady with its viewfinder and size. The GR & Nikon are just too small to keep it steady even with their optional viewfinder attached.

Jpeg: I've seen all 3 cameras out of camera jpeg and I think the Fuji's output color is the best and the way it renders the pictures. The GR & Nikon jpegs are just too sharp (P&S sharp) and too digital looking. There is something about the Fuji files that make it look like Film.

Lens focal: 35mm , IMO, is more versatile. I don't think I could get a good close up portrait shot with the 28mm. The 35mm will give a more flattering result with portraits IMO. The 28mm focal is good for landscape and streets, but after a while all the shots will be boring to me 'cause they all look the same. The Fuji lens at lease can give you all the options.

Flash: The Fuji build in flash is the best in the industry IMO. The flash just blends in naturally like no other build in flash I've seen, i.e. NEX, OMD, Rebels..etc.

Looks: Well there is no competition here.

Selling Value: I think the Fuji will retain its original price longer.

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow